Gary James Paulsen was an American writer of children's and young adult fiction, best known for coming of age stories about the wilderness. He was the author of more... Wikipedia
- Born: Gary James Paulsen, May 17, 1939, Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
- Died: October 13, 2021, Tularosa, New Mexico, U.S.
- Occupation: Author
- Nationality: American
- Period: 1966–2021
- Genre: Children's fiction, young adult fiction, adventure novels, nonfiction
- Subject: Adventure memoirs, sports
- Notable works: Hatchet, The River, Dogsong, Woodsong, ', The Winter Room, Harris and Me
- Notable awards: Margaret Edwards Award, 1997
- Spouse: Ruth Wright Paulsen
- Children: 3
- Data source: DuckDuckGo